Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Banker shoes

Yikes, I've been quiet this month! With Ben not napping anymore, there just isn't a lot of free time in the day, and with evenings spent running (I've been training for the Bix race in Davenport that is this weekend), I haven't been able to tell any of the millions of stories that I want to share.

But since I found a free second, here is one story that I want to make sure I don't forget.

Ben has taken to wearing a special pair of shoes...every...single...day. They are his "banker" shoes.

The shoes are black dress shoes that we got for him to wear to Aunt GiGi's wedding back in March. He wore them then, and then also for Easter, and that was about it. I had actually forgotten about them for a while.

But then, one day out of the blue, he brought them to me in the morning and asked me, "Can I wear my banker shoes today?"

I said, "Sure!" That was about three weeks ago. He has been wearing them every day since. Rain or shine, it's got to be the banker shoes. The funny thing is that I have no idea where he got the term "banker" from in the first place. We never take him into the bank, and we have never used that term. But he came up with it from somewhere, and it has stuck.

My favorite thing about the banker shoes is that he is truly expressing himself, without any apparent concern for clothing coordination, as you will be able to see in the picture I have included. This was taken on a HOT summer day at the Museum of Transportation. He built the train track, and then greatly enjoyed playing trains. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Momma Maria said...

Hooray for Ben's shoes! I hope he still wears that outfit when he's 15!