Saturday, December 11, 2010
Interview with Molly - 2-and-a-half
(Did I ever post this pic??? This is, in fact, the exact combo she wore to Church on Easter...the fabulous dress, and the froggy boots!)
A while ago, I did an interview with Ben, somthing that a lot of blogging mommies were doing. It was fun to get a snapshot of his thoughts/feelings at the time, and so I tried to do it with Molly, too. Some of the interview questions were a bit out of her league at the time, and I got a whole bunch of "I don't know" responses.
Well, I was working with Ben on doing another one for him now that he has turned 5, and Molly seemed to really be excited about the idea. So I tried it with her again, and we have had success! There are a few tricky spots, but she got pretty close on most!
Here is an interview with Molly, when she is 2-and-a-half years old, in Fall of 2010.
1. What is your favorite color: “yellow" - still pronounced "ley yow:)
2. What is your favorite book: “Froggy" - which we only have in Spanish. I read it, and she listens happily, even though she can't be understanding more than about 10 words in it!
3. What is your favorite movie: “Thomas"
4. What is your favorite food: “Pizza...and beans and rice!" - this girl loves her Mexican food!
5. What is your least favorite food: “Spaghetti"
6. What is your favorite fruit: “Vegetables" - hummm...the interview may still be a bit over her head:)
7. What is your favorite vegetable: “Grapes"
8. What is your least favorite vegetable: “Flowers" hummm, again:)
9. What is your favorite t.v. Show: “Mr. Rogers"
10. What is your favorite song: “ABC's"
11. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom: “go to gymnastics"
12. What is your favorite thing to do with Dad: “Get lemonade"
13. What is your favorite game to play with friends: “Ben and me with you guys!"
14. What is your favorite store: “Target"
15. What is your favorite sport: “No sports here"
16. What is your favorite Bible story: “Read books"
17. What is your favorite place to go: “Mackalan Deli" (Macklind Avenue Deli is a place in the neighborhood that we walk to for meals occasionally)
18. What is your favorite restaurant: “Mackaleno Deli" (playing with words a bit here!)
19. What is your favorite toy: “A baby toy...I give each a baby toy to babies"
20. What is your favorite thing to do with Ben: “puzzle jumble"
21. What is your favorite drink: “Juice, water, milk"
22. What is your favorite thing to do at school: “puzzles" (this one wasn't really fair, she doesn't go to school yet!)
23. What is your favorite thing to do outside: “Play in the backyard"
24. What do you want to be when you grow up: “A gardener - to guard Mommy's plants" (love this one!)
25. What can you do now that you are 2: “Snuggle beddy" (play snuggle bed, which we do often)
26. Who is your best friend: “Ben" (so sweet!)
27. What is Mom's job: “I don't know"
28. What is Dad's job: “To go to work"
29. What does Mom always say: “I don't know"
30. What does Dad always say: “I don't know"
31. What is your nickname: “Molly - Mollykins"
32. What makes you laugh: “Grandpa calls me Mollykins and then I laugh!"
33. What makes you sad: “Of Mommy and Daddy be frustrated" (this one makes me want to cry a little bit)
34. What are you thankful for: “God, Nana, Papa, Gigi, Hazel, and Martin" (Don't worry if you are a beloved family member and she didn't say your name. She often starts with one person, and just files through names that are related to that person! She'll list you next time, I'm sure:))
35. What does Mom love about you: “Cuz it's just so sweet to snuggle!"