Saturday, June 6, 2009

ZZZzzzzzzzz



Yes...this really is how Aaron found Molly and I sleeping one morning in April:) It's not like this most nights. In fact, she is usually across the bed, but every now and then, we apparently need some snuggle time!

And in regards to sleep, I've been meaning to mention another difference between Molly and Ben...Sleep!

These days, Ben sleeps very well, but he is not what I would describe as a big fan of sleeping. He goes to bed without a fuss, but would never choose to go to bed, if given the choice. And he also generally wakes at the first ray of light coming into his room in the morning.

Molly, on the other hand...this girl likes her sleep:) She's not flawless in her sleep patterns, and, in fact, has a nasty habit of occasionally waking at night and deciding that, since she's awake, it might as well be play time.

But generally, she sleeps so easily and so deeply. Just today, for example, she and I got home from a long and exciting morning at Forest Park. We walk into the house, and instead of any of the infinite other choices she could have made, she walked directly to her room, all the while chanting "nigh-nigh, nigh-nigh, nigh-nigh!" I had to wash my hands quickly, so I couldn't put her in the bed right away. So after a second in her room, she came out to me, still chanting "nigh-nigh" and then proceeded to get down on the floor to lay on a towel that was sitting there. It was as if she was thinking, "well, if you won't put me in the crib to sleep, I'll just put myself down right here!".

I quickly scooped her up and put her to bed. She was asleep instantly:) Imagine that...a baby who actually asks to be put to bed!!! I love it!!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

You two are soooo cute! I used to dream about things like exotic vacations, now I dream about having a baby who asks to be put to bed :)

Momma Maria said...

What a lovely shot! What lovely girls! How is night weaning going?
Love,
ReRe

Tim said...

So sweet. I love the part about the towel on the floor. I miss little Molly--what a sweetheart!