Sunday, February 17, 2008

The calm before and after the storm

Great news...I woke up today, and it appears that I am still human! I don't feel anywhere near "healthy" but I do feel human again, so I am very excited! Now I can think about recovery, and start gearing up again for this baby. It's funny, we were so ready for her to come a couple of weeks ago, then last week's terrible illness arrived and basically erased an entire week from my life and brain and consciousness. Now today the sun is shining, and I feel like the first breath of health is returning to my body, so I am praying for a few, restful days to recuperate so that I can be refreshed and ready for the little one's arrival.

Thanks so much to everyone for the kind thoughts and support this past week!

And a million thanks to my mom...I don't know how I would have survived if it wasn't for the help with Ben so I could rest!

Also, a million to Aaron...I slept 12 hours Fri night, and then took 2 naps on Sat, and still went to bed early. I slept 11 hours last night, and already feel a nap coming on. He has taken full parenting duties, and instructed me to rest as much as possible, and I think it is finally what is turning the tide. Ahhhh....sleep!

No comments: